Calderdale Council’s Cabinet would prefer to introduce 20mph speed limits in all residential areas. If the 20mph speed limit is only introduced outside schools, it doesn’t necessarily do the job as roads outside schools are only a small part of a child’s journey to and from school. Introducing this limit across Calderdale should encourage more people to walk, run and cycle; whilst improving safety for all road users. One Calderdale resident said “The 20mph speed limit is a very good idea, safety should always come first.”
From the three options below, the Council would like to know which one you prefer:
- continue with the current scheme of introducing two or more schemes each year in specific areas of Calderdale
- introduce 20mph speed limits outside all Calderdale schools or
- introduce 20mph speed limits in all residential areas across Calderdale
You can take part in the consultation by attending a ward forum in December 2013 or January 2014 or by calling in at one of the following drop in sessions dedicated to the 20mph proposals:
- Thursday 28 November 3.00pm to 7.00pm at Halifax Central Library
- Wednesday 4 December 3.00pm to 7.00pm at Brighouse Civic Hall and
- Thursday 5 December 3.30pm to 7.00pm at Sacred Heart & St Patrick RC Church, Bolton Brow
Alternatively, you can let us know your views online, Calderdale speed limits – Is 20 plenty?
Residents need to let the Council have their views by Friday 31 January 2014.