The Park Ward Neighbourhood Forum are wanting to gather your views on the future of Park Ward over the next 15 years.
Park is a special community – a vibrant, multi-cultural area on the western fringe of Halifax Town Centre, home to 17,000 people and around 250 businesses of all types. A mix of traditional 19th century terraced housing and more modern developments, interspersed with business operations large and small, and two main shopping areas. Park has many fine heritage buildings and the stunning People’s Park, reflecting the area’s historic development, and the major educational institution of Calderdale College.
It is also true that Park faces a number of challenges – there are areas of poor environmental quality and dereliction, a range of housing needs and limited access to open space in some parts. The area suffers from a negative image which can be off-putting to potential developers, investors and visitors alike.
However we are convinced that the area’s strengths and potential far outweigh any drawbacks, and this Neighbourhood Plan sets out a vision for the future of Park and how we hope this can be achieved over the coming years.
This plan has been drawn up based upon the contributions of the members of the Park Ward Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group and the wider Park Ward community and does not necessarily express the views of any single member of the Park Ward community.
Having prepared our draft plan, we are now formally consulting local residents, businesses and organisations. Please let us have your views
How to Comment
Copies of the draft plan can be inspected at the following locations:
- Drop in on – Wednesday 10 April from 1pm to 5.30pm at Queen’s Road Neighbourhood Centre (QRNC), Queen’s Road, Halifax HX1 4NE
- By going online to: www.parkwardndp.org.uk
- Or by viewing a copy at The Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Hopwood Lane, King Cross Library, and Halifax Central Initiative, Queen’s Road Neighbourhood Centre.Forms can also be returned by hand or by post to Halifax Central Initiative, Queen’s Road Neighbourhood Centre, Queen’s Road, Halifax, HX1 4NEThe deadline for comments is Tuesday 7 May 2019.
- PWDP Comment Form
- Comments can also be completed online on the PWDP website and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments on the draft plan should be made on the standard comment form available at the location above, completed forms should be placed in the boxes provided at these locations