The Our Communities Awards are coming up this June and we’re ready to recognise and celebrate those individuals and groups whose work and commitment has had a positive impact on the communities within the Warley and Park wards of Halifax.
Do you know of an individual or maybe a group that has made a difference in your area who you think is deserving of one of the below awards?
Nominate them today!
There are 10 awards categories: Nomination Criteria
- Good Neighbour
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Contribution to Sport & Play
- Contribution to Work & Training
- Contribution to a Safer Cleaner Greener Environment
- Contribution to Children & Young People
- Contribution to the Older Generation
- Outstanding Individual
- Community Involvement
- Young People of the Year
How to Nominate
- There is no limit to the number nominations you can make.
- Nominations must be for an individual, group or organisation that lives or works in or for the benefit of Park Ward community.
- As hosts of the awards, staff from the North Halifax Partnership or Halifax Central Initiative cannot be nominated for the work they do for these organisations.
For more information or help completing the nomination forms please give us a call on 01422 365948.
Follow us @hxcentral using #ocawards17 for announcements.
The Gregg’s Foundation’s Environmental Grants programme is now inviting applications for grants of up to £2,000 for projects in England, Wales or Scotland that deliver a real benefit to the environment.
Projects must address one or more of the following:
- Improving the local environment.
- Insuring involvement of local communities.
- Delivering a sustainable and measurable difference.
- Supporting people in need.
The funding can be used to cover the purchase of equipment, sessional salary costs, purchase of trees/plants, small capital projects and learning activities.
Not-for-profit organisations with a turnover of £300,000 or less as well as schools in England, Scotland and Wales can apply. Organisations that are based near Greggs shops will be given priority.
To apply click here
The next deadline for applications is 22 June 2018 (midnight).
Just a quick reminder…
Sowerby Bridge Ward Forum and Police & Communities Together (PACT) meeting
Ward Forums are for people in Calderdale to get involved in what happens in your local area and discuss what is important to you. By working together we can talk about local issues and plan for the future. The meetings are a great place to meet your local councillors, Calderdale Council staff, police and other services we work with. The evenings start with refreshments and a chance to network and chat informally.
Wednesday 21st March, 7.00pm start with refreshments and signing in from 6.30pm. St Paul’s Methodist Church, Tower Hill, Sowerby Bridge
Up for discussion:
- Ward overview – Councillor Update
- Police Update – Set your local priorities
- Open Forum (Questions, Comments and suggestions)
For information on ward forums click here
Remember if you cannot get to a ward forum but would like to raise an issue, suggestion or comment on the area you live in ring the Halifax central ward forum team on 01422 365948 or email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there,