Looking for the chance to improve the lives of children and families in Calderdale?
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (Father/Male Carers)
37.5 hours per week – £18,431.40 per annum.
Upper and Central Calderdale Children’s Centres are now looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member, committed to supporting vulnerable families.
Working directly with parents, carers and children you will help them manage challenging situations, improving the quality of their lives and opportunities.
You will need:
- A professional qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent (or keen to work towards this)
- Considerable experience of working with children, young people and families
- Considerable experience of engaging and working with fathers/male carers
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children aged 0-18
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-agency colleagues
- A non-judgemental, patient and sensitive approach to families under stress
- A willingness to work flexibly
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work
Safeguarding children is a priority for Halifax Opportunities Trust. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 17th September 2015 at 5:00pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above posts please contact Jenny Holdsworth on 01706 399976
For an application form, please contact Bridget Blayney-Simpson on 01422 399504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org