Looking for the chance to improve the lives of children and families in Calderdale?
Then this is how you could do it . . .
FAMILY LINK WORKER £15,995 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
1 x 37.5 hours per week, or 2 x 18.75 hours per week – In Calderdale’s Upper Valley
Halifax Opportunities Trust has recently been awarded a contract to deliver Children’s Centre Services in Central Halifax and Calderdale’s Upper Valley.
As a result, we are now looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member, committed to supporting vulnerable and excluded families.
Working directly with parents, carers and their children you will introduce and encourage new families to engage with the service, supporting them in groups and on a 1-1 basis to improve the quality of their lives and opportunities.
You will need:
- Some experience of working with children, young people and their families
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in Maths and English
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-agency colleagues
- A non-judgemental, patient and sensitive approach to families under stress
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which will involve weekend / evening work.
- A full driving license and the use of a car for work
Safeguarding children is a priority for Halifax Opportunities Trust. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 13 August 2014, 12 noon
For an informal discussion regarding the above posts please contact Jenny Holdsworth on 01706 548149
For an application form, please contact Claire Johnson on 01422 342552 or email@example.com