The funding is available to support community groups that are undertaking work that helps people of all ages feel more included in their community, builds their skills and increases their sense of achievement.
Small local groups with an income of less than £100,000 that are run by local people and that are working in a disadvantaged or deprived area can apply.
- Constituted voluntary and community groups.
- Social enterprises.
- Community interest companies.
Groups which have been established for less than 12 months are eligible to apply.
Grants of up between £500 and £1,000 are available and could be used to fund the following sorts of activities:
- Counselling and advice services.
- Disability sports clubs/activities.
- Training, skill building and volunteering projects.
- Community groups and set up costs for new groups.
- Support groups.
Full details about a specific area, including the application deadline, can be found on the websites of the individual community foundations. A list of the community foundations across the UK can be found on the UK Community Foundations website.
Most community foundations have an application deadline of 5 May 2017.