Calderdale Community Grants Schemes
The Council runs two grants schemes for community organisations based in Calderdale.
The Community Small Grants scheme gives out one-off grants of up to £3,000 for voluntary and community sector projects that help achieve the Council’s ambition of making Calderdale a clean, safe, attractive and thriving area for people to live in, work in or visit.
The Community Festivals and Events Fund supports groups that are organising cultural events and festivals across Calderdale, with the aim to get more local people involved in the arts, and attract visitors to our towns and villages. A maximum award of £5,000 will be made to any individual Festival or Event.
There is also a specific pot of money within this fund for organisations that are proposing Festivals and Events following the Boxing Day floods. The aim is to celebrate all that’s great about Calderdale, sending out a clear message that it’s open for business. It is part of the Council’s continued work to help residents and businesses get back on their feet by boosting tourism, trade and morale
To be eligible to apply for any of these grants your organisation must:
• Be a voluntary, community or faith group
• Be properly constituted
• Have a bank account in the name of the organisation
• Be open and accessible to the community you serve
• Have a planned approach to safeguarding issues, if you are working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
The closing date for complete applications for both funds is Tuesday 1st August 2017. For further details visit the Grants pages on Festivals and Events and the Small Grants Scheme or email email@example.com.
Since 2007, the Co-op’s Community Dividend Fund has donated over £1 million to local communities. The fund is administered by the Central England Co-operative which serves communities by putting 1% of its trading profit back into the community. The fund has now re-opened for communities across England.
Grants of between £100 and £5,000 are available to members of the Central England Co-operative located in Cambridgeshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Warwickshire, West Midlands, West Yorkshire or Worcestershire.
Projects should address one or more of the following priorities:
- Contributions towards the fund-raising efforts of a school, college, community organisation or group, residential or day-care facility or hospital project.
- Contributions towards a voluntary, self-help or not-for profit organisation other than those listed above.
- Donations to a local charity or cause, or the local branch of a national charity, that will benefit the local community, for example the provision of equipment, enhancement of the physical environment, training or education programme.
- Contributions to environmental and social projects that will enhance the local community or raise awareness of environmental issues amongst local residents.
The fund is expected to be highly competitive although all applications will receive full consideration.
The deadline for applications is 28 July 2017.
Click to view further information
Community groups in the UK have until 31st July 2017 to apply to Skipton Building Society’s Grassroots Giving programme. There are 164 pots of £500 to be given away in 2017. To be in with a chance of receiving an award, groups must show a real commitment to their local community and demonstrate how they will make a difference and enhance lives in the neighbourhood. Preference will be given to volunteer orientated groups, who are used to relying on minimal funds and the good will and generosity of members. The judges are looking for projects with ‘the greatest chance to progress ideas and activities with a lasting impact’. The application process includes a public vote.
Please note that this scheme is not open to registered charities. To give you some ideas, click the link for a list of last year’s award winners. Read more at: http://www.bfunded.org.uk/community-news/news/skipton-building-society-grassroots-giving-2017/
The M&S Community Energy Fund is back. Big, bold and brilliant – and ready to deliver £300,000 to community projects across the UK in £12,000 chunks to switch on bright ideas for renewable energy initiatives.
This year will see a public vote, crowdfunding and judges prizes for the winners. Could it be for your idea?
Applications for funding open on Monday 22 May, but you can get ahead with yours now.