The One Stop’s ‘Carriers for Causes’ grants programme is funded through the money raised from the 5p bag charge in One Stop stores in England, Wales and Scotland. The funding is administered by Groundwork on behalf of One Stop.
Grants of up to £1,000 are available for projects that benefit local communities within two miles of a One Stop store in Great Britain.
Calderdale Stores: Halifax, Elland, Brighouse and Hebden Bridge
Projects must meet at least one of the following outcomes:
- Improving the lives of young people.
- Improving the lives of the elderly.
- Promoting physical activity.
- Improving health or well being.
- Increasing community safety.
- Protecting or improving the local environment.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- One off community events such as community fun day expenses, summer youth camp, litter picking, day trips costs for community based clubs or organisations, sports events, expenses to pay for terminally ill cancer patients on visits to the seaside.
- Purchasing items to run a project such as specialised medical equipment, football/cricket /netball kit for local junior club, arts and craft materials for a workshop, kitchen equipment for a healthy eating project, marketing materials for an event, fishing kit for youth project.
- Improvements to community buildings such as painting, refurbishing buildings such as hospices, scout or guide huts, school building, community centres.
- Improvements to external spaces such as park clean ups, community gardens, hospital/hospice gardens, disabled access projects, food growing projects, woodland walk.
- Purchasing materials to undertake a place based improvement project such as buying paint, litter pickers, gravel, grass seed, plants, and benches.
The funding can be spent on project costs as follows:
- 90% of the grant must be spent on direct delivery, by which is meant physical works and labour costs.
- 10% of the grant can be spent on indirect costs, by which is meant management, administration, evaluation, promotion, fundraising, and training.
Non-profit making organisations can apply as long as they are constituted and have a governing document.
This is a rolling programme, and applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Click here for more information and too apply click on the following