Peoples Health Trust Active Communities programme open for applications in Calderdale until 18/05/2016
They want great ideas which make neighbourhoods even better places to grow, live, work and age.
Projects need to:
- Be designed and led by local people
- Create stronger connections between people
- Be seeking funding of between £5,000 and £25,000 a year
- Last for between twelve months and two years
- Be small and local, for example, a few streets, a small village or be a community of interest, experiencing social and economic disadvantage
- Be in one or more of our fundable neighbourhoods
Here are some ideas Active Communities have funded in the past:
- A women’s volunteering group run by and for Bengali women
- Computer skills support group run for and by older people
- Support for local people to become community organisers
They don’t fund projects that are strictly health-related and focus on specific diseases for example cancer, diabetes, stroke, or which aim to change behaviour for example, giving up smoking, losing weight etc.
There are four steps to getting through to Stage 2 of the application process
- Step 1 Establish whether your organisation is eligible for funding – read the eligibility criteria
- Step 2 Establish that your neighbourhood is fundable – look at the map on the next page
- Step 3 Submit the completed Stage 1 application form
- Step 4 They will tell you whether you will be invited to complete the full Stage 2 application pack within five working days of receiving your Stage 1 application form
Call them on 020 7697 4021or email them, email@example.com, if you would like any help and support at any stage of this process.
They really want to hear about your project ideas before you make an application and answer any questions you have.