Looking for the chance to improve the lives of children and families in Calderdale?
EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONERS DCATCH
(Disabled Children’s Access to Childcare)
Based at Little Gems Preschool
15.5 hours per week reducing to 11.5 from January until summer 2016 (term time only) Flexibility for additional hours when needed is essential
Salary dependant on experience and qualifications:
- Level 2 £14,957.66 per annum (DCATCH 15.5 hours pro-rata £5299.59)
- Level 3 £16,313.84 per annum (DCATCH 15.5 hours pro-rata £5780.09)
Upper and Central Calderdale Children’s Centres are now looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member committed to supporting children with additional needs. You will be working within the nursery team liaising with the key person to support groups of children with their learning and developmental needs.
In your application and at interview (if successful) you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified post will need a level 2 or above qualification in Childcare
- Unqualified post will need at least 2 years’ experience of working in an early years setting
- Knowledge and experience of working with children who have additional needs
- Recent practical working knowledge of EYFS to include Statutory EYFS welfare requirements and tracking the development and progress of children
- Experience of providing high quality childcare in a day care setting
- Excellent understanding of the developmental needs of babies and young children
- Experience of partnership working with parents and carers
Due to the nature of DCATCH funding, this position will be reviewed on a termly basis.
Safeguarding children is a priority for Halifax Opportunities Trust. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 17th September 2015 at 5:00pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above posts please contact
Amanda Cryer on 01422 347388
For an application form, please contact Bridget Blayney-Simpson on 01422 399504 or email email@example.com
Please note that CVs are not accepted as a form of application.