Well Aware: A Healthy Minds Recovery Course
10.30am -1.00 pm at The Orange Box, Thomas St, Halifax, HX1 1AF.
Mondays 15th September – 8th December 2014
Well Aware is a recovery course developed and delivered by workers and volunteers with lived experience of mental distress.
This 12 week course is for people who wish to explore their personal attitudes and develop skills to improve and manage their wellbeing. The sessions encourage people to look at their life as a whole, and explore positive ways to address areas that cause them concern.
The course will help participants identify, challenge and change unhelpful thinking, learn new coping strategies, improve resilience, and regain control of their life.
All sessions will be held in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space.
The first six weeks will look at a range of topics including:-
- What recovery means to me
- Making positive use of reflection
- Understanding beliefs and values
- Exploring emotions
- Thoughts, beliefs and emotions
- Developing a personal understanding of mental health, labelling and stigma.
Participants will have the opportunity to investigate further topics along the way.
Well Aware is facilitated by Healthy Minds workers and trained volunteers using a peer support model.
Well Aware is for you if you wish to:-
- Gain insight into your own mental health and wellbeing
- Develop your own coping strategies
- Participate in a peer support learning group
- Commit to a personal recovery journey
Anyone wishing to come on the course should contact Recovery and Support Team at Healthy Minds to arrange for an informal chat. Place are limited, but attendance on the course is free.
Contact 01422 345154 and ask for Dianne, Nicola or Kath