In 1839 Sowerby Bridge hosted an Arts and Science Exhibition that attracted over 29,000 visitors.
The community has housed artists, writer, poets, photographers and other creative masterminds ever since but without a platform to showcase them……Until now!
In December 2013 the first artSBridge festival takes place, a week-long celebration of the area’s finest creative talents. From the up-and-coming to the experienced-and-seasoned, Sowerby Bridge and its community is coming together to showcase a range of…art, music, poetry, film and writing
In partnership with local businesses, cafés, restaurants, churches and pubs, artSBridge is taking over between Saturday 7th December and Saturday 14th December, promoting and demonstrating the true splendors of Sowerby Bridge and what its people have to offer.
If you would like to get involved, help out on the night then get in touch now.
- We need people to steward and help out on stalls at the Art Market on 7 December from about 5pm.
- On 10 December we need raffle prize donations, and people to sell raffle tickets at St Patricks church from 7pm.
- The alternative film show, with never before seen films is on 10 December and we need people for the door.
- If you busk come along and be part of the Art trail on 11 December from 5pm to 7pm. Shops bars and cafes will be opening late for customers to get a taste of the local talent. Buskers and artists will create a unique atmosphere for shoppers and art lovers alike !! We also need trail stewards to make sure visitors get to as many of the participating venues as possible.
- On 12 December we need volunteers to do the door at the Inner Eye concert at the Blue Bird café.
- On 13 December is Hamlet at St Patricks church, if you want to watch some Shakespeare for free, help out on the door!
For more information contact Audrey Smith at Volunteer4Calderdale on 01422 438727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org