Bankfield Museum is opening a new gallery and the first exhibition will be looking at the past, present and future of Akroydon. This exhibition is in collaboration with the Halifax Photographic Society who will be capturing the ‘Present’ element in photographs.
The exhibition opens on the 7th October 2017 and more details are available on Calderdale Museums website http://www.calderdale.gov.uk/museums
The Halifax Photographic Society would like to hear from people who now live, or have lived in Akroydon. They would like to arrange a time to meet, photograph you, and hear your stories about living in the area.
There will be an informal gathering on Tuesday 19th September, 6 p.m in
The Square, Akroydon (whatever the weather) where the Halifax Photographic Society will photograph you and images of you may be included in the exhibition.
If you are interested, please come along and share this with other residents.
If you can’t get there but would like to know more or be involved contact the Halifax Photographic Society via the website http://www.halifaxphotographicsociety.co.uk/
- Do you want to have your say about local issues that are important to you?
- Comment on areas such as schools, roads, street cleaning and anything else that concerns you directly to your local Councillor and senior council staff?
- Get feedback on what difference your input has made?
- Set your local policing priorities
Attend your local ward forum and give us your views!
Ward Forums are for people in Calderdale to get involved in what happens in your local area and discuss what is important to you. By working together we can talk about local issues and plan for the future. The meetings are a great place to meet your local Councillors, Calderdale Council staff, Police and other services we work with. The evenings start with refreshments and a chance to network and chat informally
- Siddal Ward Forum & PACT meeting, Wednesday 14th June, starts 7pm with signing in from 6.30pm. St Marks Church, Whitegate Rd, Halifax HX3 9AD
- Boothtown Ward Forum & PACT meeting, Tuesday 20th June, starts 7pm with signing in from 6.30pm, Boothtown Methodist Church, Beverley Place, Boothtown Halifax, HX3 6LR
- Skircoat Ward Forum & PACT meeting, Wednesday 21st June, starts 7pm with signing in from 6.30pm, Copley Cricket Club, Copley Lane, Halifax HX3 0UG
- Sowerby Bridge Ward Forum & PACT meeting, Wednesday 28th June, starts 7pm with signing in from 6.30pm, St Paul’s Methodist Church, Tower Hill, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 2EQ
- Park Ward Forum & PACT meeting, Wednesday 28th June, starts 5pm with signing in from 4.30pm, Queen’s Road Neighbourhood Centre, Queen’s Road, Halifax HX1 4NE
For more information Halifax Central Ward Forum Team 01422 365948 / firstname.lastname@example.org