Woodward Charitable Trust
The Woodward Charitable Trust awards around 35 grants each year for summer playschemes for children aged 5 to 16. Most grants awarded are in the range of £500 to £1,000.
Grants can only be paid to registered charities that have an annual income not exceeding £100,000.
This funder will not award grants for trips that are only social. “Trustees prefer to fund trips that are educational and motivational.”
“Preference is given to:
- small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- schemes that involve a large number of children
- schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race
- schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers”
Please visit the Woodward Charitable Trust website to find out more www.woodwardcharitabletrust.org.uk
The deadline for applications is 15 April 2016.