The LACO Project Steering Group welcomes applications from female candidates to work with individuals and families from across EU communities particularly focusing on those with a Roma heritage
SALARY NJC 16-18 £16,440-17,161 PRO-RATA 18.5HRS PER WEEK 8 mths FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Are you committed to making a difference to the holistic health and wellbeing and quality of life of new and established Eastern European families particularly those from a Roma heritage?
Your role will be engaging and building relationship with parents, carers and families, through consultation, support and information sharing. You will be working with other services and organisations including children’s centres and nurseries to support parents and families to get the help they need. You will be supporting vulnerable families to access services and helping the project find out what local Roma and EU families need to make a better life
For an application pack contact Helen Speight or David Gorol at The Thornbury Centre on 01274 666649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Closing date: 11th June 2013
THE LACO PROJECT: Aims to support our service users to:
- Obtain the necessities of life – food, shelter, schools for their children and health care for all the family
- Understand their rights and obligations as citizens of Britain
- Feel valued and able to make a contribution to British society.
- See how they can make improvements in the health and wellbeing of themselves and their families
- Make sure that the choices they make are healthy choices designed to help them and their families to achieve their potential
With the ever increasing pressures on families living on the edge of poverty our service users need us more than ever. They are our most vocal advocates; expressing their enthusiasm for the project and the need for its work. Despite all the difficulties significant numbers of families in the area are now experiencing a better quality of life as a result of our work.