Sessional Domestic Abuse Prevention Worker
Hours: Sessional up to 7.5 hours per week
Salary: Scale 6, Scale point 22: £16.00 per hour
As part of the Bradford Survive and Thrive contract; Staying Put, WomenCentre & Family Action are delivering a service to ensure families who have experienced domestic abuse & sexual violence receive the right support at the right time, to make them safe, sooner, and help promote recovery and healing.
We are looking to recruit experienced Sessional Domestic Abuse Prevention workers.
Location: Office base will be at WomenCentre offices in Halifax with hot desk facilities at partner agencies on the Survive and Thrive Contract. The postholder will be required to deliver one-to-one and group sessions in community based venues across Bradford and District.
Accountable to: Domestic Abuse Prevention Programme (DAPP) Team Manager
Duration: To September 2023
- To deliver targeted one to one session and/or targeted group programmes to perpetrators of domestic abuse to increase the safety and wellbeing of their partners and children.
- To enable perpetrators of domestic abuse to change their behaviour and develop non-abusive relationships.
- To deliver one to one sessions and/or co-facilitate structured abuse prevention group work programmes for men and women who have been abusive towards an (ex) partner, with the sessions focusing on exploring the impact of domestic abuse on partners and children.
- To take part in casework meetings with other DAPP Team workers about the progress of clients and issues from work with partners to safeguard partners and their children.
- To implement actions agreed in casework discussions.
- To conduct meetings with clients and liaise with other agencies as appropriate.
- To ensure personal safety and welfare and that of other staff at all times.
- To assist with collecting and reporting information needed for monitoring and evaluation by funders and WomenCentre.
- To maintain appropriate client records.
- To attend and contribute to Team meetings when required and line management and supervisions sessions to provide information on client work, service delivery and organisational issues.
- To work within WomenCentre’s Policies and Procedures and in a way that reflects the aims and principles of the DAPP service.
- To keep up to date with domestic abuse issues and participate in relevant training as required.
- To submit timesheets, annual leave and claim forms as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as reasonably required.
Application deadline: 9am Monday 28 March 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 05 April 2022 (via Zoom)
Application packs can be downloaded from www.womencentre.org.uk
All applications should be returned to: Sarah Shooter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Shooter on 07845610165
One thought on “Job Opportunity”
Pingback: Park and Warley Project Weekly Digest 14.3.21 | Halifax Central Initiative
Comments are closed.