Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
Whilst the vaccine will not make you immune to coronavirus, it will significantly reduce the severity of the symptoms and prevent hospitalisation.
- It’s never too late to get your first and second dose.
- Your vaccine is waiting for you, book online, call 119. Over 18s should get boosted now.
- Boosters will be offered to 16 and 17 year olds once national prescribing arrangements are in place.
- Recent data shows two doses of the vaccine are not enough to stop people becoming unwell from Omicron but suggests a booster significantly increases protection against the variant.
- There are lots of appointments and walk-in clinics available to get your vaccine in Calderdale.
- 1st and 2nd doses should be the same vaccine type. In line with JCVI advice Pfizer or Moderna is being given for boosters. If people are unable to have this vaccine type due to a medical reason it may be possible to have AstraZeneca, after discussion with a health professional.
- If you have had COVID-19 you need to wait before getting the vaccine. 4 weeks for over 18s and 12-17 year olds at high risk of COVID-19, and 12 weeks for 12-17 year olds.
- Calderdale continue to offer enough capacity to offer everyone over 16 years a booster and anyone who wishes to obtain their evergreen dose
- On behalf of its volunteers Luddenden Foot Community Pharmacy has made a donation of £5,000 to Overgate Hospice
- Boots, Halifax marked their first vaccine anniversary on the 14 January
- We are planning further pop-up clinics to offer vaccines to: Homeless; those accessing Foodbanks; Asylum seekers and Refugees; those with Serious Mental Illness, People with Learning Disabilities (PWLD); Black and Minority Ethnic communities; Pregnant women.
- Offer boosters to housebound and care home residents who were unable to get the vaccine at first or second visit.
- Offering 2nd dose to 12-15 year olds in school and local offers out of school.
- Working with more Community Pharmacies to increase opportunities for people to get their vaccine.
- Will be working on a medium to long-term plan for the Calderdale Covid Vaccination programme to ensure we have the most effective and efficient model in place.
Key contact and useful links