Communities Programme Manager
37 hours per week
£37,000 per annum
North Halifax Partnership are looking to appoint a Communities programme Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of our Senior Leadership team contributing to the development of policy and strategy. The role is to provide leadership and strategic management to ensure effective delivery of identified projects, contracts and services in line with funding agreements.
The role involves:
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of partners and community stakeholders, to ensure effective delivery of neighbourhood and locality working.
- Ensuring robust performance management and communication, which demonstrates the impact of locality working.
- Provide day to day management and oversight to staff employed within each funded contract, including seconded staff from CMBC.
- Managing and working within agreed budgets and seek opportunities to reduce costs and develop income opportunities along with management of community grant monies
- Leading on the delivery of ward forum meetings and other community engagement activities in North Halifax
It is essential that you have
We are especially looking for someone who has strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and inspire others and has a demonstrable track record of delivering and managing programmes, policies and initiatives within disadvantaged communities, public sector or third sector organisations. Proven experience of managing a team in a community led role or other senior manager level role. Demonstrable experience of managing budgets and experience of managing community grants systems and processes. Experience of engaging local communities and stakeholders in the decision-making process along with a high level of knowledge of community development and community capacity building processes.
Must have a degree level or equivalent qualification; or must be able to demonstrate intellectual capacity to fulfil the requirements of the post along with a recognised management qualification (e.g ILM5) or 3 years plus in a senior management role
North Halifax Partnership is a community-led charity with a purpose to support individuals from cradle to grave, and to carry out activities which relieve poverty and disadvantage, promote health and wellbeing, and strengthen communities.
We deliver children’s centres and family support services; a Staying Well service to tackle loneliness and isolation; the Ovenden and Mixenden Initiative helps people into employment and training, provides youth and diversionary projects and delivers activities that make the community safer, cleaner, greener and more cohesive.
If you are interested and want to know more, we encourage you to get in touch and ask us about the role, all enquiries welcome.
Contact: Tina Burke on 01422 251090
For an application pack please visit our website Northhalifaxpartnershipworksupport
If you have any problems, please contact our Core Services team on 01422 251090.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 6th October 2021
North Halifax Partnership LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake a DBS Check.