Calderdale Heritage Walks 2021 – Ann Walker’s Lightcliffe
Calderdale Heritage Walks are suitable for individuals aged 13 and over.
- In 1830 Elizabeth & Ann Walker inherited much of Lightcliffe and became very wealthy.
- Within two years Ann had become the companion of Anne Lister.
- We walk round part of the estate passing where Ann lived.
- We finish in the churchyard where she is buried together with other members of her family, employees and tenants.
- The tower will be open with viewing restricted to the first 2 steps.
- This is a 2 hour circular walk, mainly on pavements with just a short walk across a footpath.
- Dogs on leads welcome.
- Guide: Ian Philp.
Due to the need to restrict numbers in the groups for safety, all walks must be pre-booked.
For tickets, visit: Calderdale Heritage Walks 2021 Ticketsource .
For more details, please visit CHW Summer Walks 2021 .