A walking workshop to help us understand and pull together everything that’s going on around walking in Calderdale.
About this Event
No matter whether you’re a stroller, roamer, moocher or a marcher we need your help to get everyone in Calderdale walking.
Walking may just be putting one foot in front of the other, but it’s not always that simple. Having accessible, attractive routes, people to walk with, being easily able to find information on walking are all important factors in helping people to walk.
Active Calderdale wants to make it easier for everyone to walk from their doorstep, in their neighbourhood, in local parks and green spaces, or explore further afield.
1) Walk as part of a group, either informally with friends, colleagues, fellow dog walkers or as part of a more organised walking group.
2) Are a school, children’s centre, care home, workplace, faith group, pub, or other type of organisation who has a walking group.
3) Are a walk leader or deliver walk training.
4) Create or share routes in Calderdale either through leaflets, books, apps or websites.
5) Are involved in assessing, planning or creating a more walking friendly environment
We need your help!
Register your interest in joining our walking workshop to help us understand and pull together everything that’s going on around walking in Calderdale.
Let’s see what steps we can take together to make walking part of everyone’s daily lives.