The UK government has not issued any official guidance on Halloween yet, but may provide some advice closer to the time.
From trick or treating to apple bobbing, the traditions of 31 October aren’t things you would immediately consider to be “Covid-safe”, so now is the time to start planning a “Covid-safe” Halloween.
You can still indulge in some of the fun things associated with Halloween, dressing up in costumes and decorating the house. Here are 5 things you could do this year instead of trick or treating:
- Organise a Halloween treasure hunt within your own household
- Host a virtual party with themed games and music
- Watch a scary movie with the family
- Decorate your garden and organise a spooky trail, around it
- Have a go at making your own sweet treats at home, spooky cupcakes, cookies or eyeball truffles