JOB VACANCIES: Safespace Project Workers
Regular & Relief Worker positions available
We are looking for project workers with suitable experience to join our Safespace team.
Safespace provides out-of-hours emotional support every evening for adults in Calderdale. This can be a demanding role: you will take calls from the public and offer an appointment for telephone, online or face-to-face support, assisting people to understand what they are experiencing and exploring ways ahead. Callers may be experiencing isolation, low mood or any other emotional need through to thoughts of suicide: Safespace provides people with the time and space to talk with a view to ensuring that they are safe and supported, with ongoing actions agreed as appropriate.
You will work in a supportive team that includes volunteers who have personal experience of emotional distress as well as the wider Healthy Minds team across a range of peer support and recovery services.
Could this be you?
- Have experience of supporting people in emotional distress and crisis
- Have knowledge of other support providers, particularly in Calderdale
- Have a flexible, creative and compassionate approach
- Have a good understanding of safeguarding and managing risk
- Work in harmony with colleagues, respecting others’ expertise and sharing your own
- Be able to work in evenings and weekends on an agreed shift pattern (shifts are 5.30 – 11.30pm), with occasional daytime team meetings with advanced notice
You can apply for any or all of the following posts in one application:
- Regular: 1 x 18 hours (3 evening shifts) per week on work pattern to be agreed
- Regular: 1 x 12 hours (2 evening shifts) per week on work pattern to be agreed
Both of the above include an additional 4 ‘floating’ hours per month to allow flexibility for e.g. team meetings with advanced notice
- Relief: To provide cover for staff absence on a casual basis.
Salary: £24,799 per annum (pro rata): £12.72 per hour (NJC pt26) plus 5% pension
This is fixed-term post until July 2022, funded by Calderdale CCG.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Jobs section on our website: http://www.healthymindscalderdale.co.uk/jobs.html
The closing date is 9.00am on Monday 29th June 2020
We anticipate interviews will be held during week beginning 6th July. Interviews are likely to be conducted by video-conferencing.