The Tesco Bags of Help programme has reopened for applications. Grant amounts have been reduced. The maximum grant that can be awarded is now £2,000.
What can be funded?
- Community building improvements (including Scout or Guide huts, village halls and sports facilities).
- Outdoor play areas, allotments, parks, woodland or wildlife areas.
- Community events and activities.
- “Supporting seasonal activities such as purchasing new Christmas lights, supporting a Christmas meal for the homeless or a Diwali celebration event for the community etc.”
“Bags of Help can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.
“Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.
“For any projects that are making a physical improvement to an outdoor space, you will need the landowner’s permission and you might also need other permissions – e.g. planning permission. These need to be in place before you submit your application and the landowner permission form will need to be completed and signed as part of your application.”
Please note that running costs and organisation overheads are not eligible for funding.
- Find the full postcode of the Tesco store nearest to the location of your project.
- Take the eligibility quiz to get access to the application form.
- Read the guidance notes before you apply.
There are no deadlines. Apply at any time.
Three community projects in each local area will be voted on by customers in Tesco stores, with projects changing every three months. Following the vote, the project that received the most votes in its area will receive a grant of up to £2,000, second place receiving up to £1,000 and third place up to £500.
This fund is managed by Groundwork. Telephone 0121 237 5780 or complete the contact form.