Looking for the chance to improve the lives of children and families in Calderdale?
Then this is how you could do it . . .
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER- Bilingual
(Special responsibility for asylum seeking families)
Central – Jubilee Children’s Centre
26hpw- Salary £18,801.41 per annum
(Actual £13,035.61 Pro rota)
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member, committed to supporting vulnerable and excluded families.
Working directly with parents, carers and their children you will introduce and encourage new families to engage with the service, supporting them in groups and on a 1-1 basis to improve the quality of their lives and opportunities.
You will need:
- A professional qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent (or keen to work towards this)
- Considerable experience of working with children, young people and families
- Considerable experience of engaging and working with families
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children aged 0-18
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-agency colleagues
- A non-judgemental, patient and sensitive approach to families under stress
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which will involve weekend/evening work
- The ability to work from other Children’s Centres within Central Calderdale area
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work
We offer opportunities for ongoing professional development and further training.
Halifax Opportunities Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and providing equal opportunities in employment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7th August 2019 @ 5:00pm
Interviews to be held Monday 19th August 2019
For an informal discussion regarding the above post please contact
Penny Wilson on 01422 434971
To apply, please visit our website on www.regen.org.uk and download an application pack.
Please note that we do not accept CVs as a form of application.