Next Calderdale Women’s Inter-faith Group event – Tuesday 16th July 2019 at 10am
at Madni Mosque, Gibbet Street, Halifax HX1 5BP
Hope you can come along – and maybe bring some one with you too!
Here is the information about the next event organised for you –
- This is the third in a series of sessions about end of life care. The Women’s session is in the morning (10 – 12) and in the afternoon there’s a Men’s session from 2.20 until 4pm
- There have been two previous sessions and this is a follow-up but free-standing session. It will include an overview of progress made on ‘End of Life Care’ for the South Asian community.
- Key professionals will share with the community a number of scenarios and the expected outcomes.
- There will be Information sharing and discussion on organ donations.
- Please note the sessions are aimed at the South Asian heritage community but some of the participants have invited the Women’s Interfaith Group to attend.
Perveen Hussain on behalf of Calderdale Women’s Interfaith Group ran a very successful “Design a Prayer Mat” stall at last week’s Big Get together near St Jude’s Church on the corner of Savile Park. Thanks to Perveen for all the effort she put into this – and the prizes she kindly provided.
- There isn’t a meeting in August – but you will receive information then about events from September onwards.
- The Women’s Interfaith Group needs some help with publicity – can you join us and help to get information to more women in Calderdale. Do get in touch!
- It is impossible to arrange a date or day or time that suits everyone – if you can only come for part of any of the events that’s absolutely fine – it would be lovely to have your company. You will be very welcome. If you haven’t been before, you will be specially welcome – do come!
Finally just to say that we are a very friendly group – we come from different faith backgrounds but no-one will try to challenge or change your beliefs or make you feel uncomfortable – we all respect each other and each other’s faith. We learn about many faiths, see where there are similarities and differences – above all we respect the diversity found in Calderdale.
Come and join us! All the above events are free of charge