Voluntary Action Calderdale (VAC) are running an X-PERT programme for the South Asian Community working in partnership with Calderdale CCG to provide all the information you need to manage your diabetes. This 5 week course starts Wednesday 16 May at the Resource Centre, Hall St, HX1 5AY and will be held on the 4 subsequent Wednesdays.
There are separate sessions for women and men;
- women 10:00am-12:30pm
- men 1:30pm-4:00pm
Please call 01422 847871 to book a place.
You have a higher risk for diabetes if you:
- are from certain black and minority ethnic (BAME) groups
- have a family history of diabetes
- have Impaired glucose regulation
- carry excess body weight (especially around the waist)
- have low activity levels (exercising less than 3 times a week)
- eat a diet that contains too much refined carbohydrate and processed food
- have high blood pressure (greater…
View original post 90 more words