Burglaries often increase around Christmas time, when burglars know that homes will be full of lots of new things.
Keep your home secure this festive period by following the below crime prevention tips:
- Always keep doors and windows locked, remove the keys from the lock and don’t leave them on view.
- Use timer switches on lights to keep your home looking occupied when you are out
- Remember to close your curtains or blinds when you’re out of the house in the evening.
- Don’t put Christmas presents under the tree before you need to.
- Make sure valuables are not left on show – i.e. laptops, tablets, phones and put the charger/power cables out of view
- Take packaging from Christmas gifts to be recycled, don’t advertise what you’ve got to burglars
- If you’re going on holiday ask a neighbour to keep an eye on your house and move any post that might build up.