The Green Deal is the Government scheme aiming to reduce our carbon footprint and make us more energy efficient.
As part of the scheme there is funding available to supply and fit new boilers in privately owned or privately rented homes. You also have to be in receipt of certain benefit and your boiler has to be at least 7 years old.
Are you eligible for a free boiler?
You are eligible for a new boiler if you can answer yes to any of teh following questions:
- Are you in receipt of child tax credit (CTC) and have a total household annual income of less than £15,860?
- Are you in receipt of income related employment and support allowance (ESA) and have at least one child under 16 years old?
- Are you in receipt of income based job seekers allowance (JSA) and have at least one child under 16 years old?
- Are you in receipt of income support (IS) and have at least one child under 16 years old?
- Are you in receipt of state pension credit (SPC)?
- Are you in receipt of working tax credit (WTC) and have a total household annual income of less than £15,860, and have at least one child under 16 years old, or in Receipt of disabled worker element or severe disability element, or are you 60 years or over
For more information and a free eligibiliy check, please contact Paul Leadon Tel: 07540 831555, Email: email@example.com
If you are looking for tradesmen to work in your home, don’t forget our Trusted Traders Directory, where members have been vetted to ensure they trustworthy and reliable: www.aubdwestyorkshire.co.uk
The Green Doctor – Save energy, save money
The GREEN DOCTOR service makes a friendly home visit to assess your energy use, and identify how you could use less energy and save money.
A member of the team will then install any necessary energy saving measures, completely free of charge, such as the following:
- Energy efficient lightbulbs
- Draught excluders
- Hot water tank jackets
- Reflective radiator panels
- Standby savers
- Pipe lagging
- Water saving devices
We can also provide advice on energy bills and can refer you for grants for insulation and central heating.
Are you eligible for the Green Doctor service?
To qualify for the GREEN DOCTOR service you must live Calderdale and comply with one of the following:
- You have children under 16 living in the household
- You have a disability or suffer from a long term health condition
- You are aged 60 or over
- You are currently in receipt of benefits
- You are on a low income (less than £21,000)
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please give us a call.To arrange a visit, or for further information, please contact GREEN DOCTOR on: 0845 6051 230 (landline) or 03001 233 550 (mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org