Want to learn to ride a bike or need to refresh your cycling skills? CityConnect Cycle Training courses are delivered by a qualified Bikeability instructor and will give you the skills and confidence you need. They can even provide a bike and helmet to get you back in the saddle. Over 16s only. For dates, times and to book see: https://cyclecityconnect.co.uk/cycle-training/
Calderdale Recovery College have free courses and places available. Below is what’s coming up over the next month.
Do you know someone who is thinking about going back to work? Then this series of courses may just help:
Employment Tool Kit:
- CV Writing – Friday 20th October 10.30-12
- Your Rights at Work – Monday 30th October 10.30-12
Back by popular demand:
- Mindfulness x 8 session – Wednesday 1st November 11-12.30
- Achieving a state of peace x 1 session – Monday 30th November 10-3
All the above courses are taking place at Hope Street Resource Centre, Hope Street, Halifax, HX1 5DX.
Many of the courses may be able to support professional development and training needs.
More information: www.southwestyorkshire.nhs.uk/about-us/recovery/calderdale/
Please get in touch:
Caldeldale Recovery College
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Calderdale College Late Enrolment
Enrol until 27th October:
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9am-4:30pm
- Thursdays 9am-7pm
- Fridays 9am-3:30pm
For more information, call 01422 357357 or go to http://www.calderdale.ac.uk
Get into Customer Service aims to give young people, who are work ready but do not have vocational skills, a mixture of practical training and qualifications, that will allow them to move into employment, education or training.
The 4 week programme is available to 16-25 year olds, living in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Pudsey, Keighley, Halifax, Harrogate, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Morley and Wetherby and the surrounding area who are not in employment, education or training.
Over the four-week programme, young people will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about customer service within the banking industry
- Develop your customer service skills whilst on placement in HSBC branches in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Pudsey, Keighley, Halifax, Harrogate, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Morley and Wetherby
- Be supported in applying for positions with HSBC with interview advice
- Build your confidence and improve your teamwork skills
- Access up to six months support following the end of the course
- Your travel costs will be covered and your benefits will not be affected
Venue: To be confirmed
Taster Day: Thursday 28th September 2017, Leeds
Dates: Monday 23rd October – Friday 17th November 2017
As the work experience on this programme will be in a HSBC branch, all young people will also have to complete the DBS and credit checks that this working environment requires. They will be given additional support if needed to do this.
Each candidate will need to provide proof of their right to work and proof of address. Right to work can be evidenced by a current passport or a copy of their birth certificate, a candidate with a birth certificate must also provide evidence of their national insurance number.
To check a young person’s suitability you can contact Kumran Hussain on 07506 692165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.