Get into Customer Service aims to give young people, who are work ready but do not have vocational skills, a mixture of practical training and qualifications, that will allow them to move into employment, education or training.
The 4 week programme is available to 16-25 year olds, living in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Pudsey, Keighley, Halifax, Harrogate, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Morley and Wetherby and the surrounding area who are not in employment, education or training.
Over the four-week programme, young people will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about customer service within the banking industry
- Develop your customer service skills whilst on placement in HSBC branches in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Pudsey, Keighley, Halifax, Harrogate, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Morley and Wetherby
- Be supported in applying for positions with HSBC with interview advice
- Build your confidence and improve your teamwork skills
- Access up to six months support following the end of the course
- Your travel costs will be covered and your benefits will not be affected
Venue: To be confirmed
Taster Day: Thursday 28th September 2017, Leeds
Dates: Monday 23rd October – Friday 17th November 2017
As the work experience on this programme will be in a HSBC branch, all young people will also have to complete the DBS and credit checks that this working environment requires. They will be given additional support if needed to do this.
Each candidate will need to provide proof of their right to work and proof of address. Right to work can be evidenced by a current passport or a copy of their birth certificate, a candidate with a birth certificate must also provide evidence of their national insurance number.
To check a young person’s suitability you can contact Kumran Hussain on 07506 692165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.