Nominations now open for the Community Spirit Awards, hosted by the Community Foundation for Calderdale and supported by Calderdale Council. We know Calderdale is teeming with excellent charities, community groups, and volunteers, and we want them to be recognised and celebrated for the great work they do. So, if you know of a charitable organisation that is doing something great please nominate them, if you have been supported by a local charitable group nominate them, or if you know a volunteer you just couldn’t live without let us know. 13 categories to choose from more info here http://halifaxcommunityspiritawards.co.uk/categories/ Nominations must be received by August 4th.
Do you know a community group that deserves special recognition for making your local area a better place to live? If so, nominate them to receive a Groundwork Community Award!
The Groundwork Community Awards honour the small groups making a big difference to the quality of life in their local area. They want to celebrate and reward groups who often get little recognition and support, putting the spotlight on the power of doing good together so that others can be inspired to organise and get active in their own communities.
More information and to nominate:
One of the charities the Council works with has been nominated for the People’s Project, giving them a chance of being granted over £40,000 to help them continue their work. The Arch-Way Project provides entertainment for elderly people in Calderdale who are at risk of dementia. To find out more about their work and to vote for them, visit Home – The People’s Projects. Voting closes on Monday 3 April at 12 noon.
The Our Communities Awards are fast approaching and we’re ready to recognise and celebrate those individuals and groups whose work and commitment has had a positive impact on the communities within the Warley and Park wards of Halifax.
Do you know of an individual or maybe a group that has made a difference in your area who you think is deserving of one of the below awards?
Nominate them today!
There are 10 awards categories: Nomination Criteria
- Good Neighbour – New Category
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Contribution to Sport & Play
- Contribution to Work & Training
- Contribution to a Safer Cleaner Greener Environment
- Contribution to Children & Young People
- Contribution to the Older Generation
- Outstanding Individual
- Community Involvement
- Young People of the Year
How to Nominate
- Online at Our Communities Awards Nomination Form
- Contact us on Halifax Central Initiative on 01422 365948,
- Or email your nomination to: email@example.com
- There is no limit to the number nominations you can make.
- Nominations must be for an individual, group or organisation that lives or works in or for the benefit of Park Ward community.
- As hosts of the awards, staff from the North Halifax Partnership or Halifax Central Initiative cannot be nominated for the work they do for these organisations.
For more information or help completing the nomination forms please give us a call on 01422 365948.