Work Based Assessor/Tutor
Full time post – 37.5 hpw – Hybrid Working
Salary £20,000 – £26,240 per annum
Possibility of job share/term time working will be considered
Halifax Opportunities Trust is a large, local social enterprise with a broad portfolio of activities that create vibrant, multicultural and self-sustaining communities in Calderdale and Kirklees.
We are looking for someone who has a strong background delivering apprenticeship standards with strong organisational skills and excellent communication skills.
You will be required to:
• Deliver the apprenticeship standards for learners in Teaching Assistants and/or Early years
• Observe, review and provide feedback to the learners for Level 2 and Level 3 in any of the above subjects
• Support and deliver Maths & English Functional Skills to Level 2
• Support, motivate and mentor the learners through their learning journey through to completion
• Ensure learners have clear objectives timely to support their progression
• Visit individuals in their work place using your vocational experience and knowledge to teach and support learners achieve their apprenticeship standard
• Manage your own diary to ensure you are delivering against your KPIs, arranging and attending scheduled visits and completing both company and personal administration
• Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver an exceptional service to learners and clients whilst maintaining standards and regulatory requirements
• Work with colleagues to develop resources
• Assessor qualified such as CAVA, TAQA, A1, D32/D33
• Teaching qualification PTLLS, EAT or equivalent
• Willingness to achieve/complete necessary qualifications needed for the role or who are in the process of currently working towards
We celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer therefore we encourage applications from everyone who has the skills and values to succeed in this role.
Halifax Opportunities Trust is committed to safer recruitment policies and practices.
This includes appropriate DBS (disclosure & barring) checks for all and ensuring references are obtained.
We offer opportunities for ongoing professional development and further training.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th July 2022 @ 5pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above post please contact
Diane Illingworth on 07732499826
To apply, please visit our website on www.regen.org.uk and download an application pack