St Augustine’s Centre and Calderdale Valley of Sanctuary are looking for an Awareness Raising Project Coordinator to start in January 2022, 16 hours per week.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in developing a key area of joint working between St Augustine’s Centre and Calderdale Valley of Sanctuary. Both organisations are committed to creating a culture of welcome in Calderdale built upon a greater understanding of how communities can support each other and the particular challenges that those seeking sanctuary face on their arrival.
We are really proud of the many organisations who approach us to request support in understanding more about those seeking asylum and living here as refugees and this role is to ensure that we develop a high-quality response to those requests.
We have already developed a simple package of support including a presentation which is built to be co-delivered with Experts by Experience, but our ambition is to develop this into a more tailor-made response.
The Awareness Raising Coordinator will play a key role in driving our relationships with external organisations in order to build awareness about issues facing our community, raise the profile of both organisations, and most importantly drive commitment across Calderdale to create a welcoming Valley.
We are looking for someone who is organised, creative, and is brilliant with people (including those for whom English is a second language). Someone who seeks out opportunities and can develop productive and purposeful engagement with external organisations.
Key information about the job
- 6 months fixed term contract. Potential to extend the role over a year and beyond subject to funding
- Freelance fee £15 an hour
- Or the option to be paid on the payroll (PAYE) at £12.60 an hour (this option includes 7 days paid leave including bank holidays over the six months)
- 16 hours a week to start in January ‘22. There will be the option to work flexibly from home for some of these hours or hot desk at St. Augustine’s Centre. We are working hard to keep within Covid safety guidelines.
- Probationary period of 1 month.
How to apply:
Please write us a letter of application, setting out on no more than 2 sides of A4 the following:
- 1) why this role excites you
- 2) what experience and skills you bring to the role
- 3) two referees
Submit your letter, along with your CV to us via email: email@example.com by 5pm Friday 7th January 2022.
You will be notified if you have been shortlisted for an interview by 5pm Monday 10th January. Interviews by zoom will take place on Friday 14 January. Referees will only be contacted following the interview, subject to being offered the role.