Our handy Winter Wise guide gives lots of useful advice on how you can prepare for winter and this week we are focussing on how you can be prepared at home.
- Clearing paths of ice and snow will help you and your neighbours. Follow the national snow code here.
- Keep your room temperature between 18-21°C. Information and advice about switching to different energy tariffs and insulation is available by calling 01422 288001.
- Check on older neighbours or relatives. Offer assistance when needed, such as clearing paths, moving bins or collecting essential food or prescriptions. Remember to stay socially distanced.
- Stock up on non-perishable items, such as tinned food, nappies and cleaning products.
- Ensure that you have enough animal food to last several days. Don’t leave them outside in cold weather.
- If you use oil, LPG, wood products or solid fuel make sure that you have a sufficient supply.
There is also lots of advice and useful links on our Winter Wise website.