St Augustine’s Centre is looking for a Senior Caseworker (Housing) to start in November 2021, 22.5 hours per week.
Dealing with housing and destitution issues is approximately 25% of our casework, and finding solutions can be challenging. We are committed to prioritising this work and finding innovative routes forward, which is why we have created this new role.
The Senior Caseworker (Housing) will play a key role in driving the new Calderdale Ending Destitution Group forward with partners, working to end destitution for migrant communities including people with NRPF (No Recourse to Public Funds) across Calderdale. We are looking for someone who is organised and experienced in supporting individuals and families through casework. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have worked in housing, destitution or a related field, and those who understand the issues faced by people seeking asylum or with refugee status.
We are looking for someone who is brilliant with people (especially those for whom English is a new or second language), can work sensitively, flexibly and support people to find solutions. Someone able to develop productive partnerships with other organisations and manage a small team of volunteers.
Key information About the job
- £13.71 per hour which is equivalent to a full-time salary of £26,808 pro rata.
- 22.5 hours a week to start in November ‘21. There will be the option to work from home for some of these hours although most of this work requires you to be based in the building. We are working hard to keep within Covid safety guidelines.
- Probationary period of 3 months.
- 6 months fixed term contract. We aim to renew this role for a minimum of two years subject to successful fundraising. We have submitted funding applications.
How to Apply:
Please write us a letter of application, setting out on no more than 3 sides of A4 the following:
- why you want to work with the St Augustine’s team
- what you bring to the role
- how your experience, knowledge and skills fit the role and person specification
- two referees
Submit your letter, along with your CV to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 15th October ‘21.
You will be notified if you have been shortlisted for an interview by 5pm Monday 18th October. Interviews by zoom will take place on Friday 22 October. Referees will only be contacted following the interview, subject to being offered the role.