The deadline for applications for the latest round of business support grants has been extended to Monday 14 December
Calderdale Council has received around £10 million from the government to support businesses that have had to close or are facing severe impacts because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These grants are in addition to the 5,500 coronavirus-related payments which the Council has previously paid out to businesses across the borough during the pandemic, which totalled around £62 million.
The Council has already received over 1300 applications and is working to pay these grants as soon as possible. However, more Calderdale businesses could be eligible, so the deadline is being extended to allow businesses more time to check the criteria and submit an application. In all cases, businesses are asked to supply their bank statements, as requested, to allow grants to be paid as quickly as possible.
The new grants are aimed at businesses in sectors specified by the government, which have been badly affected by previous local restrictions and then closed due to the national restrictions.
Businesses can complete their grant application form and see the eligibility details by visiting the Local Restriction Support Grant page on the Council’s website, which can be accessed from www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/coronavirus/businesses The deadline for applications for the new grants has now been extended to 5pm on Monday 14 December.
The new business grants are as follows:
Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed)
Businesses which have been legally required to close to protect people from COVID-19 can apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed). Eligible businesses include those in non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports and hospitality, nightclubs and adult entertainment venues.
The grants will be:
- £1,334 per 28-day qualifying restriction period – for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under on 5 November 2020 (when national restrictions started).
- £2,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period – for businesses with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 5 November 2020.
- £3,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period – for businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above on 5 November 2020.
Local Restriction Support Grant (Open)
Businesses which were in Tier 2 restriction areas between 1 August and 5 November can apply for the Local Restriction Support Grant (Open). Government guidance is aimed at hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure businesses. Tier 2 restrictions came into place in Calderdale on Wednesday 14 October and the grants will be backdated to 5 August.
The grant amounts will be:
- £934 per 28-day period for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under on 14 October 2020.
- £1,400 per 28-day period for businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 14 October 2020.
- £2,100 per 28-day period for businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above on 14 October 2020.