We would like to take this opportunity to introduce Jim Graham, he has taken over Pam Quinn’s role as the Halifax NPT Inspector. Ben remains at the helm of the Valley NPT. Together we are the Calderdale District Neighbourhood Policing Inspectors.
Burglaries can often increase during the longer darker nights in the autumn and winter months.
Crime prevention doesn’t have to cost a lot of money – taking simple measures such as locking your doors and windows, not leaving valuables on display and using your alarm can significantly reduce your chances of being a victim.
Here’s some simple steps that everyone can take to improve their home security: –
• Always lock your doors and windows even when you are at home
• Always take the key out of the lock and keep it in a safe place – do not leave keys in reach of the letterbox, a cat flap, or on view through a window.
• Invest in timer light switches, and set lights to come on and go off in your home – using low energy lightbulbs or utilise smart devices.
• Make sure items such as car keys, laptops, tablets, phones and money cannot be seen through a window.
• Make sure Euro cylinder locks have achieved – TS 007 (3 star rating) or Sold Secure Diamond Standard for lock cylinders (SS312).
• Why not start a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme in your area?
In Calderdale all residential burglaries are investigated by a teams of CID detectives, but prevention is always better than the cure. Our teams will be out targeting offenders and delivering crime prevention events across the autumn period.
This year West Yorkshire Police have developed a home security toolkit. This can be accessed online on the below link. If you would like it in an alternative format please contact us.
You can keep up to date with the latest news and alerts from West Yorkshire Police by signing up to West Yorkshire Community Alert. Public registration is free and people can choose to receive news and appeals, local crime
information and/or prevention advice direct via email, text or voice message. Sign up today at:
If you have information about those that are criminally active you can pass that information to us by the following methods:
• Online – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/report-it
• Telephone – 999 for a crime in progress or there is a risk to life. 101 for Non emergencies
• 100% anonymously via the charity CrimeStoppers – 0800 555111
Please find enclosed some useful crime prevention information and help us to keep you safe.
The Crime Prevention Officers responsible for Calderdale are Jill and Tracy. We offer a FREE Crime Prevention Security advice service. We are happy to attend your premises and bespoke the survey to your particular needs.
Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to being a burglary victim when it only
takes a few adjustments to secure your property without costing £1000s.
Simply locking your doors, even when at home and setting your alarm
even if you are just popping out and when you go to bed, will increase
your chances of not being a victim of this crime.
For a FREE home survey please contact email@example.com or alternatively contact
Tracy on 07736 087199. (Answer machine facility). We work Monday to Friday and always respond to messages.