We at DEX think it is really important for deaf young people to be able to meet up and make friendships with other deaf people.
We would love you to come along and join in with our friendly group. We have lots of members who meet regularly.
Our charity is deaf-led, which means our trustees and staff are all deaf. The DDYC activities are decided by what our members want to do.
Some of the things we have done in the past include:
– Group visits to London, York and Sheffield
– Local meet-ups at restaurants and bowling alleys
– Learning about Deaf history and culture
– ASDAN Citizenship and Participation qualification
– Theatre production of ‘My Deaf Story’
– Residential at outdoor activities centre
– Campaign about issues important to our members, including meeting local MP’s
We also have a DDYC WhatsApp group so we can all keep in touch in between meeting up. We offer individual casework support for members who need it.
If you would like more information, please text us on 07850 744398. We will let you know how to join, and tell you about events that are coming up soon.
We hope to meet you soon!
Zara Emery and The DEX Deaf Youth Council
If you are a professional and would like to be more involved with our charity, please read our Letter to Professionals.