We have been working hard to make our libraries Covid Safe, and as part of this we are operating in a different way to usual. All of the Calderdale Libraries are now open. Please observe the opening days and hours.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 – 4pm
Brighouse, Hebden Bridge, King Cross, Sowerby Bridge & Todmorden
Monday – Saturday: 10 – 4pm
During this second phase, you can:
· Browse & select your own books
· Use the computers, maximum of 70 minutes per day (slots can be pre booked)
· Use of Microfilm/fiche Readers (where available) is limited to 1 hour in Hubs & 2 hours in Central Library and must be pre-booked
· All children’s areas are limited to one household & 30 minutes. This needs to be pre booked when using Central, King Cross & Hebden Bridge Libraries on a Saturday.
· Return items
· Collect pre-ordered items using our select & collect service or by reserving individual titles online
· Request items that are in stock at the library of your choice
· Visit Local Studies in Central Library for up to 2 hours, by appointment. Please ring 01422 392631 or email: email@example.com providing a contact phone number.
· Access e-books, e-audio books, digital magazines and comics. All are available to download free from https://calderdale.rbdigitalglobal.com/
· Access 24-hour reference resources from the Digital Library at https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/leisure-and-culture/libraries/digital-library
· Enjoy story time and craft sessions at facebook.com/Calderdale Libraries
· Use the Home Library Service. Email: HomeLibraryService@calderdale.gov.uk or call 01422 288062. This service will continue to operate for anyone who needs to use it!
· All libraries are operating a one-way system, face masks are mandatory as per Government guidelines & there are sanitising stations placed around all the libraries.
· There are staff available to assist you at various points within our libraries & we have track & trace in place or the QR-code for the NHS Tracing App.
A reminder that all items currently on loan are due back by 30th November.
Please remember you can renew online, in person or by phone & you can also register to receive an email reminder 3, 5 or 7 days before your items are due back.
We realise that this may seem very different but we are very pleased to be able to move into this phase & look forward to welcoming you all back.