Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
Whilst the vaccine will not make you immune to coronavirus, it will significantly reduce the severity of the symptoms and prevent hospitalisation.
- It’s never too late to get your first and second dose.
- Your vaccine is waiting for you, book online, call 119. Over 18s should get boosted now.
- Boosters will be offered to 16 and 17 year olds once national prescribing arrangements are in place.
- Recent data shows two doses of the vaccine are not enough to stop people becoming unwell from Omicron but suggests a booster significantly increases protection against the variant.
- There are lots of appointments and walk-in clinics available to get your vaccine in Calderdale.
- 1st and 2nd doses should be the same vaccine type. In line with JCVI advice Pfizer or Moderna is being given for boosters. If people are unable to have this vaccine type due to a medical reason it may be possible to have AstraZeneca, after discussion with a health professional.
- If you have had COVID-19 you need to wait before getting the vaccine. 4 weeks for over 18s and 12-17 year olds at high risk of COVID-19, and 12 weeks for 12-17 year olds.
Key contact and useful links: