The Sweeter Side of Calderdale
Two short videos about Mackintosh and Dobson’s sweets by Halifax Central Library’s Natalie Midgley.
- This Local History Month we thought it would be nice to celebrate the sweeter side of Calderdale’s history.
- Natalie takes a look at one of the country’s most famous confectionery dynasties, the Mackintosh family.
- Natalie also explores the history of Dobson’s in Elland (research by Susan Hawkes).
- Image Courtesy of Natalie Midgley.
- The research used for these videos is available in our Local Studies collection at Halifax Central Library.
- Call or email us in Local Studies to book a socially distanced visit.
For more details, please see: Central Library and Archives.
To watch Natalie’s videos, please visit Calderdale Libraries on YouTube .
Halifax Central Library is currently open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm.